The conversion of a detached 6 bed/2 bath single family home to a duplex (approx. 1,076 sqf each) with 2 bed/1 bath in the rural area of Eastern Switzerland. The owner family had a budget of approx. $150k to redesign the property structure. While the ground floor unit's structure remained untouched, one wall of the upper unit had to be teared down for the open kitchen concept. Our responsibilities included kitchen design and flooring consulting, demolition, wood works on beams.
1. Demolition day
2. Working with a jackhammer
3. Breaking out the wall for the open kitchen concept
4. Demolition waste.
5. Almost finished with demolition, view from the future open kitchen
6. Almost finished with demolition, view from left corner of future kitchen
7. After cleanup of breakouts
8. New space for the kitchen
10. Dining area
11. Half bath and entrance, view from dining area
12. 3D Rendering of the new open kitchen with island