Our custom tailored and hand made furniture lines in American walnut. The first line includes a flying sideboard, bed frame and a coffee table. This is an example of how fruitfully an architect - in this case the customer - and a carpenter can work together and create design pieces of perfection and quality. The second line features a custom made extendable dining table (for 8-12 people) and a coffee bar with a niche for a freezer and a microwave.
1. Color testing to see if oiling color matched our client's needs / at client's place / he liked the darker color more than the faded one
2. Color testing to see if oiling color matched the client's needs / at carpenter's place
3. Prototype sideboard doors with secretary hinge / door open
4. Prototype sideboard door with secretary hinge / door closed
5. Prototyping with a different door hinge / asking for client's permission
6. Asking my client's permission for the distance between the backside, bottom and top floor of one side board section
7. Inspiration picture of our client's living room where the flying sideboard will be installed
8. American walnut wooden boards ready for cut
9. Headboard prepared to trim to the exact measurements
10. Inside view of headboard before assembling
11. Sideboard test assembling
12. Bookshelf special oil treatment that seals the surface and prevent water stains
13. Oiling job in process / close view
14. Bookshelf parts finished / ready for delivery
15. Headboard special oil treatment to seal the surface
16. Sideboard assembled ready for delivery
17. Flying sideboard installed
18. Final products in living room
19. Flying sideboard from side perspective
20. Flying sideboard / closer side view
21. Coffee table on wheels
22. Coffee table on wheels / closer view
23. Perfect match with living room environment
24. Bed frame and headboard installed with lights on
25. Bed installed / front view
26. Bed installed / exact corners / side view
27. Bookshelf installed under window
28. American walnut (finger jointed) pull-out table / fits 8-12 people / extendable to 78 in - 102 in / top view
29. American walnut (finger jointed) pull-out table / fits 8-12 people / expandable 78 in - 102 in / side view
30. Pull-out system made of hydraulic pipes from an excavator / bottom view
31. Leg support
32. American walnut (finger-jointed) coffee bar table with niche for freezer and microwave
33. This older base has still a life, but not under this table top.
34. Working on the foot's arch with a chisel.
35. Good quality work
36. After sanding, we are ready to stain.
37. Staining phase
38. After the first coat of stain.
39. New table base, stained twice and protected with a water based polyurethane coat.
40. We are proud to present our first table base made of poplar. Ready to be delivered to our first happy customer!
41. Kidney-shaped rescued Sugar Gum Eucalyptus from San Diego area.
43. Heating resin to remove air bubbles.
42. Filing cracks with copper-colored resin.
44. Completed kidney-shaped coffee table, Sugar Gum Eucalyptus.
47. Completed coffee table, Red Eucalyptus No.1.
46. Set of raw components.
45. Rescued Red Eucalyptus, raw wood slab.
48. Completed coffee table, Red Eucalyptus No.2.
50. Blackout Shutters ready to deliver.
51. Blackout Shutters completed and installed.
49. Blackout Shutters, raw but assembled.
52. Bicycle stand, repurposed interior doors.